Breaks in satellite cable

mo2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it true that if you have breaks in satellite cable ie. an aerial socket connected to satellite cable from dish with a regular aerial plug on one end of the satellite cable and a stellite plug on the other end connected to the receiver that it reduces the signal
I'm talking about sky digital btw

Sponsored Links
In all cases, sky, terrestrial digital and analouge - you will loose some signal everytime.

This doesn't mean that the signal you then recieve is of a quality that is in anyway below what is required to produce a perfect picture.

Perhaps in fringe areas, and on poorly aligned dishes etc, it would play a large part, but in the main scheme of things, it makes no difference.

In saying that, you are always best to use the 'F' type connectors for all your joints etc. These are becoming common place for even the Terrestrial connections these days.

thanks - I have a decent signal so it should be ok then - I'll find out if I can get an f type socket in the style I want

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back