Brexit in/out vote 2

Quitters don't have a good track record of explaining the details, so they go off on a tangent hoping that their ignorance goes unnoticed :LOL:
Remoaners,tell me the overwhelming benefits of EU again?...oh yes,majority of the populus wrong,,,you correct??? Must be painful being in the minority and not admitting you could be wrong!..Obviously v painful for you.We do not need to explain ourselves!

Sponsored Links
In the eyes of the remainers, the EU can do no wrong and Britain is a failing state with a chaotic political system.
- The EU wastes billions and that'd just Junker's bar tab.
- It is entirely geared up for the Euro zone, Agriculture producers and manufacturers.
- The most recent entrants are in it for the money
- Those who want more EU are heading for a United States of Europe.

Remainers: were you really happy with all that? or were you hoping we'd reform it from the inside?
Yet more info for the Remoaners to ignore.

Yet more info for the Remoaners to ignore.

In the eyes of the remainers, the EU can do no wrong and Britain is a failing state with a chaotic political system.
- The EU wastes billions and that'd just Junker's bar tab.
- It is entirely geared up for the Euro zone, Agriculture producers and manufacturers.
- The most recent entrants are in it for the money
- Those who want more EU are heading for a United States of Europe.

Remainers: were you really happy with all that? or were you hoping we'd reform it from the inside?

I was happy with that. there is wastage everywhere. Food production is pretty important and will become even more important as population increases and climate changes. Everybody is in it for the money, along with security. United States of Europe - sounds like project fear!

I was happy that GB was part of a the largest and most stable economic bloc in the world. I was happy that we had a practically unlimited supply of cheap labour to serve our businesses in all sectors, from agricultural labourers to NHS workers. I was happy that we had free movement to live and work in any of the countries, to study in any of the universities (many teach entirely in English, and some are FREE to EU citizens, just like British ones use to be). The UK has around 4,700,000 emigrants - we place 8th in the world for emigration, after Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ukraine, China, Russia and India. Many of UK emigrants are living and working in Europe for the companies that have offices all across the EU - many young grads aspired to working in Europe, especially those that went to uni there.

All this may end though, and that really ****es a lot of people off.

Sponsored Links
Movement of workers wont end.. it will just be subject to controls. People with skills will be welcome in both directions, people who come to suck on the states assets wont be.

Movement of workers wont end.. it will just be subject to controls. People with skills will be welcome in both directions, people who come to suck on the states assets wont be.

Works for me.

Movement of workers wont end.. it will just be subject to controls.

It is now. You know that. If you don't like the 3-month limit set down in EU rules, what would you prefer it to be?

What do the EU rules say about a person who is a drain on the public purse?

As long as the beneficiaries of the right of residence do not become an unreasonable burden on the social assistance system of the host Member State they should not be expelled. Therefore, an expulsion measure should not be the automatic consequence of recourse to the social assistance system. The host Member State should examine whether it is a case of temporary difficulties and take into account the duration of residence, the personal circumstances and the amount of aid granted in order to consider whether the beneficiary has become an unreasonable burden on its social assistance system and to proceed to his expulsion. In no case should an expulsion measure be adopted against workers, self-employed persons or job-seekers as defined by the Court of Justice save on grounds of public policy or public security.

And of course once expelled - probably at great cost, they may return at any point.

I'd prefer a system where they were required to demonstrate sufficient resources to provide for themselves, either savings or a job offer. The idea of going to another country with a few quid in your pocket drifting between odd jobs, in order to eventually suck on the state's generous resources is ridiculous.

I'd very much like to live in Greece cleaning boats for cash (£70 per hour) and sit on the beach all day long. Even the greeks have a system (IKA) where you only get unemployment benefits if you've actually worked for 2 years.

I'd prefer a system where they were required to demonstrate sufficient resources to provide for themselves, either savings or a job offer.
The EU rules match your preferences. That is what they say.
That a country would choose not to use the rules is that country's fault and not the EU's.

The idea of going to another country with a few quid in your pocket drifting between odd jobs, in order to eventually suck on the state's generous resources is ridiculous.
Well, the term odd jobs signifies doing very little or 'off the books'; in which case that is not how the system works - unless, of course, a particular country chooses not to apply the rules because it wants 'odd-jobbers'.
Is there a country like that?

I'd very much like to live in Greece cleaning boats for cash (£70 per hour) and sit on the beach all day long. Even the greeks have a system (IKA) where you only get unemployment benefits if you've actually worked for 2 years.
Are you implying that even the Greeks apply the rules.
Surely you would not need unemployment benefit earning £70 per hour.

If you have such a job offer then you may go - at the present time. Wouldn't it be silly if something removed that choice for you?

Well, the term odd jobs signifies doing very little or 'off the books'; in which case that is not how the system works - unless, of course, a particular country chooses not to apply the rules because it wants 'odd-jobbers'.
One wonders how many of the 'auf wiedersehen' generation voted leave?
Total hypocrites if they did!

And vice versa!

You have proof of this?

Because it is the EU that has stuck to the rules and and what they have stated - unlike the UK
And the EU have stated that the UK could remain with exactly the same terms.

Seems to me quitters are playing 'project fear' ;)
That is exactly why ref 2 in/out will never happen

There already was a vote in 1975, the result was to stay in, therefore there should have never been another referendum (according to the outies) because a vote is a vote and we won so get over it etc.. etc..

Sponsored Links
Back