Brick Barbeque out of pavers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am intending to build a Barbeque in the garden and have loads of red paver bricks.

Anyone know whether mortar will hold these together well enough, or will they just collapse without having the standard brick hollow?

Iain

Sponsored Links
They will hold the same as any other solid brick.

However, they are not sized the same as a house brick therefore when you try and half-bond any returns you will find that the bricks fall short by a standard joint or perp.

Plus with those spacer nibs will look ugly too.:cool:

They will be fine.
However, they are not sized the same as a house brick therefore when you try and half-bond any returns you will find that the bricks fall short by a standard joint or perp.
Plus with those spacer nibs will look ugly too.:cool:
:rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks folks,

These bricks have no nibs as far as I can see, and are only slightly rounded, so that's not an issue. I was mainly concerned as to whether they would cement together properly in a wall without collapsing.

Iain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back