Brick spacers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re - brick spacers
I have designed a spacer for use with bricks or blocks, which is left in situ, as with tiling spacers.
I have a manufacturer lined up, but need to see if there is enough interest before taking the ’plunge’ & importing any quantity.
I would be pleased to receive any comments.

Sponsored Links
I think the brickie device has beaten you to it. Even that did not do so well.
Good luck anyway as I would never knock a trier.
Pete

Bricks are not tiles and their size varies. Any variation is taken up in the joint.

You can't incorporate a fixed spacer into a joint and expect the end result to be correct - especially when working between two fixed points.

Also, I can't see how these can be practically used when building a wall. They would seem to be a hinderence in the natural laying process.

You would need to define the market and explain how these are supposed to be used

Hi, Doog,
Bricklaying is the second oldest trade/profession,
5000 years at least, towns that old have been uncovered and it is still possible to see that the same bonds that are in use now were in use then.

If you mean a spacer for venting the cavity or as a weep hole then those things are already in use.
The integrity of a wall is due to the fact that it sets as a solid single piece with the mortar and the bricks all of the same strength (theoretically)
As Woody said, brickies do not and cannot make the perps all the same size as the bricks vary in length up to 5mm each sometimes and plumb perps are kept by joint adjusment.
this also applies to the bed joints as often the cill and lintol heights will require varying bed thicknesses.
However good luck.
Alan D.

Sponsored Links
Catnic already produce such a thing, its called brick matt I think , have seen it in my local merchants ages ago, only use for it that I could think of ,was for laying multiple courses of wet engineering bricks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back