Brick Up Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to get a door bricked up. I will remove the door. However for a space of 79" x 34" how much should I expect a builder to charge me for the work (time and materials).

I basically need the gap bricked up with bricks/breeze block, insulated, plasterboarded, plastered and skimmed ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I assume this is an external door? If you want the external bricks "dog toothed" into the existing wall & bricks matched so it’s far less visible, it’s a fair amount of work. Likewise, the plastering on the inside needs to be properly done by someone who can actually plaster (no offence to brickies but, in my experience, they don’t always make the best plasterers) if you don’t want to see the join or for it to crack around the original opening; my advice is don’t use plasterboard!

Materials should cost less than £100, but the cost of a skilled brickie & plasterer may come as a surprise; the easiest way is to get several quotes.

Is it a cavity wall?

If so then mat's will be £130 - £140 and labour will likely be 2 days for a skilled bloke - upwards of £240ish.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guy's for the responses. I've been quoted £300 labour and a list of materials I need to provide (with his builders yard discount). Seems ok to me then.

Yes - it's an external door, and that includes dogtailing all the way round.

Good price, I would have said a bit more!
with his builders yard discount
Watch out for that one; if it’s one of the big 3 they’ll still be bloody expensive even with 60% off :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back