bricking it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to tile a shower cubicle, it is in an alcove, I am going to tile the back wall first, question is - should I mitre the edges where they will meet the other two walls, or just leave them square and butt the others up to them? They are 200x100 ceramic tiles (put in a 'brick' pattern). The tray has 3 'tiling upstands', which are a pain in the arse themselves as they are miles too thick imho (necessitating a thicker than normal adhesive bed) - if mitred this means that the edges of the tiles will not be going right into the corners of the wall, effectively leaving a column up each corner void of tile or adhesive - oh, and the other question :rolleyes: - should the corner junctions be grouted (BAL microflex) or siliconed?

how this makes sense, as I have now confused myself :confused:

cheers

oh yeah, forgot to mention that they have a chamfered edge :D

Sponsored Links
Admittedley i'm no expert but I've only seen it done this way:

Tile square into the corner and butt the tiles on the side wall onto it (I think the order you do the walls, doesn't matter). Then silicone the joint all the way down. I've never seen the edges of times mitered??? Sureley that would be a major hassle.

sanjay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back