Tiling an external brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fix patterned tiles to the outside wall of a garden shed (an old brick construction), to make a mosaic-like feature. I've got the tiles: 10cm x 10cm mexican style handpainted, ceramic - I think - which I know have no guarantee of outdoor suitability. I'd welcome any advice about the sort of preparation/adhesive/technique to use to apply them to the brick wall to give a maximum chance of them staying on the wall, with minimum mess & specialty equipment if possible!

Sponsored Links
The problem with the hand made mexican tiles is that they are just like a teracotta flower pot, they will absorb water then come the first frosts the face will blow off the tile. I would not usethem outside, done plenty inside especially the teracotta floor tiles.

Jason

As said they will absorb water an "fail" with a hint of frost ,

You could try sealing them, the face with a tile sealant ,
http://www.bpindex.co.uk/manf.html?id=1060,

but the substrate( what the tile/adhesive is stuck too..in this case the wall :)

would need to be soundly "tanked"/ waterproofed as well ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back