Bright ideas for fixing basket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Random one to come back to the board with (been away for a while and out of the industry now mostly, nice to see all the same faces on here!) but I am looking for a clever idea for fixing a length of 4" basket to the back of a desk:

|______________|
|______________|

As you can see, in my absence, I have not been working on my drawing skills, but you get the gist of it!

I don't really want to use mini cantilever type arms a la unistrut, unless I can find some light duty enough. Wondering if anyone has ever hung basket off a run of P-clips top and bottom?

Bit of a bodge, I know, and not my usual style (it's just a desk, after all!), but I know someone out there has a cunning plan.

All thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards
Oliver

Sponsored Links
p clips will do it but it won't hang level unless you pack the bottom out a bit.. ( width of p clip at least, but more if the design of the basket calls for it.. )

don't need to clip it on the bottom too.. but it would solve the spacing issue..

How about hanging basket brackets?

Just put them underneath it, would look decorative too.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have thought that basket tray would be strong enough to carry the weight of the cables, trailing sockets, wall-warts etc without cantilever supports, i.e. just fixed on at the rear edge, but as you obviously do what's wrong with a few screws with large washers under the heads?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back