Bringing twin electric socket flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have put some 7.5mm TandG with 5mm batons on my dininig room wall , i have a twin electic socket that as a metal box fitted in the wall . I have cut the TandG to fit,however the socket is now set back inside the TandG i would like to bring it forward so it is sitting flush , not sure how to do this . i know if i bring the metal box forward 10 mm or so it will be flush with the panels , just cannot get my head round it at the moment on the best way to do this ,could anyone please help. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, if you had cut the T&G to gang box size, outlet removed, the larger size of the outlet would have been flush with the T&G using longer 3.5mm screws when it was replaced....however, I guess you'll have to disconnect the outlet and pack it out 10mm to get it to look right. You can probably buy plastic wall plates (that fit around light switches to prevent finger marks) if that would suit....can't say I've seen double outlet sizes though. Cheers John

Thanks for the reply, i have had a break and a second look . If i can make a block spacer the same size as the metal box that is recessed in the wall, drill holes to accomadate the two screws bring it forward and purchase two screws 10mm longer than the origanal ones that will bring it flush to my panels . I hope .

Just found these, M3.5 3.5MM SOCKET SWITCH SCREW EXTENSION STUDS BAG OF 4 should do the job.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, i have had a break and a second look . If i can make a block spacer the same size as the metal box that is recessed in the wall, drill holes to accomadate the two screws bring it forward and purchase two screws 10mm longer than the origanal ones that will bring it flush to my panels . I hope .

Providing you know what you're on about, that's ok by us ;)

Or you could use a drylining pattress and get rid of the metal box anyway ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back