British Gas Homecare 400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We keep getting phone calls of BG telling us to go over to homecare 400, £27pm. We are with them already and pay £19 pm for 3 star service.
I feel as if we are being pressured, I am not sure the differences between the two services apart from homecare 400 covers electrics, drainage etc..

So would you use BG pm or is it a rip off?
How much would a service cost from an independant.

Sponsored Links
Any BG product or service is a rip off carried out by a load of muppets. Why not contact your boiler manufacturer for their service contracts as they are much, much better. (and cheaper) :LOL:

another open minded discussion from dangerlouse :rolleyes:

only the customer can weigh up the need for plumbing and drains, electrics etc. the plumbing is maybe worth it, IMO the electrics isnt. if you dont want them to phone you all the time tell them not to, you will go onto the list that they cant phone for sales.

in general one call for a plumbing job pays off the extra money you pay for the years cover. in addition to that the 200 contract covers your central heating, not just the boiler which is what many manufacturers cover. anything goes wrong with the system outside the boiler and they are not interested. the bonus with manufacturer contracts/service is they are likely to fix it first time as they will have the parts for virtually any situation in the van, BG cant do that as they work on everything.

only you can decide if its worth it, if your boiler and system hardly ever go wrong then its maybe not, if its always breaking down then it probably pays for itself many times over.

Any BG product or service is a rip off carried out by a load of muppets. Why not contact your boiler manufacturer for their service contracts as they are much, much better. (and cheaper) :LOL:

Lol I'm sure you can heartily endorse the manufacturer service provided by um, err, ah yes of course the much better service of......

Sponsored Links

Lol I'm sure you can heartily endorse the manufacturer service provided by um, err, ah yes of course the much better service of......

Baxi heat team, WB, Vaillant groupservice, all provide much better service than bg imo and they do contracts that also cover the system and external controls in association with Homeserve, Domestic and general and other insurers.

A fantastically relevent post considering you have absolutely no idea what make, model and age the poster's boiler is.
Worcester, vaillant, baxi I have all found to be very good on the stuff they will touch, but last week I went to a customer who had called in ravenheat who sent a local engineer who stuck a part on, blew it up due to another fault tried to charge near 100 quid and refused to come back.
All service is hit and miss as to who you get and I can only talk from personal experience and mine is that my service is bloody good, if you felt you provided a poor service perhaps a little soul searching is in order. Don't take me for a company man, I wouldn't wipe my arse with the general waste of space above tsm level and have had any company pride long beaten out of me but I do have pride in myself and do the best job I can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back