British Gas Homecare 200

Nice memory gasguru!

I hope my little ideal boiler proves you wrong though! Hopefully with new parts it will last a bit longer. The BG guy actually said it was a fairly common model for them (two of them said this) and it was probably installed by BG originally. So this may mean they will have parts for a while at least.

The better engineer said that the powerflush probably wasn't needed, he seemed a lot more knowlegable than the other guy - who gave the impression of following a script. Including half heartedly selling me a powerflush.

Regardless, at least now I know to get a second opinion on a new boiler if I ever get pushed down that road. They push the Carbon Monoxide filter though! But even then, the better guy said just go to B&Q and get smoke and CO detector for 30 quid or so.

Anyway, I will take my good luck for now and appreciate it! Hopefully I won't need to ask any advice from the board for a while. :)

Kath

Sponsored Links
Yes, another BG fallout customer last
£100 vapour switch got it going. Customer will claim back my invoice.

I'd tell the customer to sling their hook. they should have called BG and got a second opinion.

As for bad press for BG...old rule of marketing....for ever 1 good experience a customer will tell ONE other person...for every bad experience they tell on average EIGHT people. Due to BG being the biggest they are going to have the most compliants...if you looked at percentages they will be no worse than a smaller business.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back