British Gas

Hi,

I found this post most concerning, could any of you guys in the know please explain what a RIDDOR is?

I am a qualified engineer, however not on gas\central heating systems, however after recently being made redundant it is one of a number of options that i'm considering.

Cheers,

Jon.

Sponsored Links
Bob dole why slag BG for only paying £11 when its clearly the job agency that is paying that amount after taking there cut. Average payment direct from BG per service is over £20 . Mate is currently getting £22.50 per job and do know in certain areas they pay up to £26 its all down to supply and demand.

JonD said:
Hi,

I found this post most concerning, could any of you guys in the know please explain what a RIDDOR is?

I am a qualified engineer, however not on gas\central heating systems, however after recently being made redundant it is one of a number of options that i'm considering.

Cheers,

Jon.

have a look here
http://www.riddor.gov.uk/

corgiman said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
[
it was nearly twice that last year.

was this working direct for them as a subie are was it through a job slave agencie.

yes bob it was, I was getting about 18 plus VAT per boiler for them last year?[/quote]

did you ring up bg direct

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
no mate that was through an agency, total somebody or other

just rang them up and they sending me a pack out will give this a whirl

corgiman said:
good luck bob

this time next year you'll be a millionaire ;) :LOL:

i dont know about that they give in one hand and then take out the other have you seen the price of liability cover £425

like the pathetic amount they pay to sub installers!

mind you its fairly regular work and keeps the woves from the door

I am an old time served Hollinwood BG service engineer from way before the "Tell Sid" days...I left the gas board over 16 yrs ago , but still keep my hand in an enjoy a craic an pint with old mates from there now ...
the Gas board now is BG ...an a shower of w*nkers ...a purely money making driving force ....
they dont fear Corgi or the HSE .....

they have killed what was a very good business ....

but back to the origional topic ...
soggy weetabix
you have altered a part on a boiler , you are liable an if someone reports it ...

you are at fault an will be dragged through the courts like some shyster cowboy ... :(
BG would get away with it ,you ...NO
as said fitters are just part changers for the manufactuers now ..lol

btw
I left BG... to get away from the petty minded supervisers , b*llshit parts delievery , loads of hassle an stress .....lol
best thing I ever did was handing my gascoseeker back ..lol..lol:)

Ollski....

I did what I did to help an elderly customer who has paid her £17 a month for god knows how long, and was told by the BG engineer (engineer not the right word to use here) that on her annual service was apparently told "this boiler is as good as the day it was installed".

Classing myself as an engineer I wont condemn a boiler purely because I cant be arsed to spend a bit of time attempting a repair.

Maybe ollski you neither have the knowledge or willling to try and help your customers and would rather have a few grand in your sky rocket by undercutting BG and shoving in a brand spanking new condensing boiler.

I even requested a visit from my CORGI inspector early next week, which he duly obliged after I explained..

1 boiler
2 repairs I had made
3 why I had done what I did

His comments were encouraging but if he finds a problem with what I have done, me ds40 will be out of the garage and a boiler will be on order.

David[/quote]

Soggy_weetabix said:
Ollski....

I did what I did to help an elderly customer who has paid her £17 a month for god knows how long, and was told by the BG engineer (engineer not the right word to use here) that on her annual service was apparently told "this boiler is as good as the day it was installed".

Classing myself as an engineer I wont condemn a boiler purely because I cant be a***d to spend a bit of time attempting a repair.

Maybe ollski you neither have the knowledge or willling to try and help your customers and would rather have a few grand in your sky rocket by undercutting BG and shoving in a brand spanking new condensing boiler.

I even requested a visit from my CORGI inspector early next week, which he duly obliged after I explained..

1 boiler
2 repairs I had made
3 why I had done what I did

His comments were encouraging but if he finds a problem with what I have done, me ds40 will be out of the garage and a boiler will be on order.

David
[/quote]

The truth is David I couldn't, in all honesty, give a monkeys nuts what you did but you have put yourself in the firing line thats all I'm saying.

I personally don't install at all but only repair and service so a replacement makes no odds to me, however if I have told them for years they should be getting it replaced (as I'm sure Bg have done as they are always being slated for it) and they choose not to, why should I put my arse on the line?....you'll never be thanked for it, I promise you that.

B.O.B DOLE said:
british gas have now gone to the agencies to get rid of the back log of annual servicing, and they are paying £11 an appliance and the same for bbu + fire, this is the kind of scum they are they are, stealing work with there gold plans and then getting subies to do there work for them which they where put on the dole que in the first place.

DONT BE A MUG keep away and yes its temp work what a fu...in clown set up these guys are....... thay are taking the pi........ssss

Not long after BOB wrote:

just rang them up and they sending me a pack out will give this a whirl

:confused: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back