British Gas job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am being tuped over to British Gas to fit electric meters. I have heard people slag them off for years, customers and staff.
What benefits are there (obviously a job in a resession) to have and what salary comes as an experienced fitter. Additional training given to do duel-fuel metering (Gas + Electric).

Sponsored Links
if you mean direct labour - the pay is not the best that is possible, although I don't work in metering so it could be anywhere between dire and brilliant, also dont know about their conditions, but sick and holiday pay, and pension are all benefits. you need to way up the pros and cons, then make your own decision, I am NOT advising you, to take the job or not.

is it this one?

Smart Energy Mentors (Gas Qualified Meter Installers)
£18,500 - £26,000 + OTE bonus of 16% of salary + van + flexible benefits

Giving our customers more control over their world is just one of the smart ideas we’ve come up with at British Gas. Now here’s one for you: if you’re a fully qualified domestic gas meter installer, with a head for sales and heart for customer service, why not let the nation’s largest energy supplier help you put your talents to good use?

As well as mentoring a team of Smart Energy Experts, you’ll be advising our customers on the full range of tariffs, products and services we have on offer – and which is the right one for them. What’s more – and here’s the really smart bit – we’ll teach you how to help them reduce their energy usage, carbon footprint and bills all at once. So you make money by helping them save money.

On the technical side, we’ll be looking for either a CMA 1 or CCN1 and MET1 or MET2 ACS accreditations. But you’ll need to combine this with a real flair for coaching and a winning way with our customers – not to mention the drive and passion to meet and exceed your targets plus a full, clean driving licence.

In return, you can look forward to a great career opportunity, secure future and some of the best benefits in the business.

Find out more and apply now. If we’re not currently recruiting in your area we may be soon, so please register for alerts to keep updated.

this the link http://gs7.globalsuccessor.com/centrica01/?newms=se&aid=15369

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1916055#1916055#ixzz1MBQjzzsk

Sponsored Links
Lengthy discussion about this in CC a while ago, search it if you are really interested in this job.
Bear in mind that salaries advertised as "between 18 and 26k" are much more likely to be 18.1 than 25.9. The good news is that you are guaranteed to take your £400 a week home and you don't have overheads.
Expect heavy sales targets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back