British gas quote to replace my old boiler

I worked for BG till recently and I think their prices are high but not unreasonably so. They have phenominal overheads and just cannot compete with £1800 boiler swaps.

The £2000+ that you have been quoted is for an installation "pack", and by the sounds of it, you are having the boiler moved to a different position in the house. But as you say it will still be plus flue, pipe, electrical connection and a flush(which probably wont get done!)

The problem with BG is that I guarantee the standard of work will not make the installation good value. The BG direct labour engineers will have been given a set number of hours to complete the job and will want to complete it in less. And if you have an outside contractor, they will have been a price for the job and often couldn't give a toss about their standard of work, at £20-30 per hour, its not worth their time.

If you are indifferent to quality of workmanship then get lots of other quotes and go with the cheapest. Bt if you want a good job done then you may have to spend £2-3000.

By the way don't get a potterton promax!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back