British Leyland

Sponsored Links

Go on tell me.

London is Sh!t.

I think there is better builders than others but don’t think this is better by post code.

Housing association houses from experience are the best built property’s

Better build quality where you are?

Does the house build quality not depend on the developer rather the area?

I thought the big 6 housebuilders were national. I wouldve thought that would same quality from same company anywhere.....rather than some areas selected for especially bad quality.

How does the German model to building homes compare to the UK?

Sponsored Links

I thought the big 6 housebuilders were national. I wouldve thought that would same quality from same company anywhere.....rather than some areas selected for especially bad quality.
I’ve not experienced many if any good companies. HES is only better because of they are rightly fussy and keep an eye on the build.

Not experience of Germany but would imagine it would be better

https://www.ippr.org/publications/german-model-homes

Germany has higher rates of housebuilding, a much less volatile housing market, and a larger private rented sector than the UK.

• Since 1951 30 million new homes have been built across East and West Germany, compared to 16 million in the UK.
  • German local authorities commonly act to intervene in the land market, buying up and assembling sites, and delivering infrastructure before returning them to the market.
Well thats certainly different.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/mar/11/why-are-britains-new-homes-built-so-badly

“In Germany, if there are evidenced problems with build quality the regulatory authorities can rescind the licence. This is a ‘barrier to entry’ related to craft skills and basic competence levels that we just do not have in the UK.”

Experts say the rush to build homes amid Britain’s chronic housing shortage, and the dominance of a few big building firms that use a multitude of subcontractors, are also to blame for poor building standards.

Depends on if the big 6 ship labour around the country, enforce national standards, or just utilise whatever locals they can.

You arent clever enough to be a plumber (y)
Not bigoted enough, more like.
If there was a bigots exam to become a member of CC forum, I would fail miserably..........thankfully. :D
Or maybe it is an exam to see what incredible fantasy you can make up, what ridiculous assertions you can imagine?
The plumbers in here demonstrate how they have passed the exam easily. :rolleyes:

https://www.ippr.org/publications/german-model-homes

Germany has higher rates of housebuilding, a much less volatile housing market, and a larger private rented sector than the UK.

• Since 1951 30 million new homes have been built across East and West Germany, compared to 16 million in the UK.
  • German local authorities commonly act to intervene in the land market, buying up and assembling sites, and delivering infrastructure before returning them to the market.
Well thats certainly different.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/mar/11/why-are-britains-new-homes-built-so-badly

“In Germany, if there are evidenced problems with build quality the regulatory authorities can rescind the licence. This is a ‘barrier to entry’ related to craft skills and basic competence levels that we just do not have in the UK.”

Experts say the rush to build homes amid Britain’s chronic housing shortage, and the dominance of a few big building firms that use a multitude of subcontractors, are also to blame for poor building standards.

I think I’d agree with everything you copied a pasted. I wish we took this as seriously as other countries do.

Not bigoted enough, more like.
If there was a bigots exam to become a member of CC forum, I would fail miserably..........thankfully. :D
Or maybe it is an exam to see what incredible fantasy you can make up, what ridiculous assertions you can imagine?
The plumbers in here demonstrate how they have passed the exam easily. :rolleyes:

Half the plumbers in the whole country are not even plumbers never mind the exams

Not complaining, but how did we get from BL to house building?

Sponsored Links
Back