britony combi se - hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a britony combi se 80 and recently had a leak wich i managed to fix by replacing the o ring of the diaphragm but since fixing the leak i seem to be having problems with my hot water the boiler doesn't seem to kick in when i turn the tap on, ive been looking into the problem but with no straight answers, have i caused a new problem by removing/replacing the diaphragm. there is occasionally hot water coming out but im not sure what im doing differently to get it, and it never seems to last for long, any help would b appreciated thank u

Sponsored Links
whats your system pressure? is c/h working normal. when you turn yorn tap on does your boiler fire up at all? if not can you hear anything working in side the boiler? pump fan spark ignition?

Could be the 'o' ring is not seated/fixed correctly, therefor creating too much resistance and stopping the pin moving.

Strip down, re-assemble and add proper silicone grease to the 'o'ring/pin.

Sponsored Links
hi gas4you, thank u for ur reply, that was my first thought, i can see the pin pushing down when i turn the water on so assumed that was all ok?

hi bellairaphon, thank u for ur reply 2, the pressure is just under 2 always keep it at this pressure and hot water worked at this pressure before i changed the o ring, c/h is working fine. sometimes the boiler fires up, but not for long, other times it dosent, i think the fan and/or pump are kicking in because boiler does make a noise when i turn the tap on but again its all very random, seems to do something different every time i turn on tap? on one occasion i even got hot water, but the boiler continued to heat up (flame on, making noises) for quite a while after turning the tap off so in a panic i switch the boiler off

i apologise for my incompetence with language and knowing of parts/noises having a boiler is all new to me and im still learning how it all works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back