Broken Bathroom Window Handle

I still think your best bet would be a metal workshop to either try:
A. Heating and removing/swapping the spindles
B. Bending the new spindle to match
C. Cut the spindles and weld the old one to the new handle

Or take the gearbox out (take lots of pics for us, Of where and how it fits + the gearbox itself) and we might be able to recommend a modern replacement gearbox that will work with a normal handle.
Actually thinking about it as you never really told us what the problem with the window was it may be the gearbox that needs replacing anyway and not the handle. (try switching this handle with another one elsewhere in the house to work out which is causing the problem).

If wort comes to worst I would recommend going for a "sash jammer" rather than trying to fit a cockspur handle.

Sponsored Links
Hi, back onto this one. Yes, I think that the sash jammer is probably the best solution.
Are there any sheds that sell these things?
My worry is that because the window is aluminium, the original holes are knackered so I need to get something that will give me a decent fixing be bypassing these holes and covering them up, is there such a thing?

Looks like these sash jammers fit to the frame rather than the opening bit, in my case it would have to be fitted to the bit that opens, is that likely to cause a problem?

Sponsored Links
Quick link to the new thread //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/broken-window-handle.444575/#post-3486040
I will continue in this thread as it has the pics.

There is no way on earth that those spindles have bent like that from use/misuse, The handles would have snapped off long before the spindle bent.
Are you sure that is an Aluminum frame/window? From the pic I am 99% certain that is PVC!
Are your other windows and handles the same?
We need pics of your gearboxs both in place and removed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back