Broken boiler, cant get in touch with ANY engineer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, the 'ISAR he24' boiler is on the blink!! It is 3 yrs old and getting a corgi registered engineer has been a nightmare today. The boiler appears to have power to it but the control panel thingy is not lighting up. From googleing I believe this may be the PCB unit although I am not a boiler engineer!! I cant find anywhere that will give me a possible price for this to be bought/fitted and cannot get to speak to an engineer to give me a price. The only place is British Gas who charge by the amount of time the engineer is there!

Can anyone give me an approximate price for this so I know when im being ripped off or not.(If this does turn out to be the problem)

I live in Rotherham S.Yorks.

thankyou.

Sponsored Links
PCB retails at about £150 expect to pay about £50 for the Engineer's time (about 1 hour) all plus the old Vodka & Tonic!! ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks. Ive phoned British Gas and was told that there were no engineers available for the 'foreseeable future'. Im hoping I was just given the wrong information! I shall try them again tomorrow.

thanks both of you. :)

I thought if you rand Sh***ish Bas before 10am they gauranteed same day service?? -thought it was too good to be true :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

thanks. Ive phoned British Gas and was told that there were no engineers available for the 'foreseeable future'. Im hoping I was just given the wrong information! I shall try them again tomorrow.

thanks both of you. :)

That is quality, sorry :LOL:

yeah thats what i thought. Especially as a colleagues husband is a british gas engineer ( unfortunately away until early next week..working!!) and neighbour 3 doors down works for them as well but doesnt do jobs on the side and cant do it unless BG tell him too!! madness! no wonder they are losing custom!

BG are only offering priority service to existing contract customers not every tom, dick and harry. :rolleyes:

BG shafted their contract base last year by prioritising one off repairs. Not so this year, they are only taking them on when the workload allows.

The FPR is based on time taken on job which has to be agreed by the engineer and customer before work starts. Most jobs will be charged at 189 or there abouts.

EWFRANCIS .
How can BG be losing customers when you are not one already

EWFRANCIS .
How can BG be losing customers when you are not one already

Because of my colleagues hubby. That's why he has to work away. The only reason he hasn't been offered redundancy is because he has worked for them for many years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back