Broken flywheel, should I scrap the car?

Thanks people. I've been looking for a price for it's value on eBay etc as suggested. I could probably get £450 as a non runner. Fixed up it's maybe worth£1500 but some sell for less some are asking for a lot more.
I'm struggling to find anything to buy locally though. I might start a thread to see what car you lot recommend. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. It's confusing though isn't it. I think the price people ask for and what they actually get makes it hard to judge a cars value.
Some passats in good conditions retain good value.
My one could've gone for £1500, but I got £2000 via the khant scrappage scheme.
In reality I haven't seen the money yet and it's been 3 weeks.
I bet the khant is gonna play one of his tricks and never pay anyone.
The f#cking khant!

Some passats in good conditions retain good value.
My one could've gone for £1500, but I got £2000 via the khant scrappage scheme.
In reality I haven't seen the money yet and it's been 3 weeks.
I bet the khant is gonna play one of his tricks and never pay anyone.
The f#cking khant!
Thought you had an audi. It was way better than vw.

Same emissions though, despite vwag trying to cheat

Thought you had an audi. It was way better than vw.

Same emissions though, despite vwag trying to cheat
I still have the A6, not giving that away.
With the passat I had no choice because the boss needs a car everyday.
So I go a little A3, but the passat was a different level, in my opinion the best family car for the masses ever built.

Replaced the DMF on my 59 plate A4 when the time came around, and the cost of the job was about what the car was worth too, being as it had 190k on the clock.. I winced at the time, but did it because the rest of the car was good and the devil I knew

It's still plodding on, 4 years later, so I've had my money's worth out of it

When the volvo timing belt broke at a similar interval and mileage, the list of other stuff that was knackered was as long as my arm so I let that one go, even though I massively preferred the car..

Should really swap the Audi out for a V70 and get a car I want to drive, but then it'll be a devil I don't know, and I don't use a car enough to care as much about the ****ty uncomfortable Audi seats any more

I bought a complete DMF and clutch kit for our Diesel Golf back in 2020 when it had about 115k on the clock and was feeling a bit juddering and slippy. Paid £250.02 for it, trade. Since then it’s got better so it’s still in its box waiting to be fitted. Was going to sell the kit if I had to get rid of the car under ULEZ but found a way round it. Best thing is, I can now take it to my workshop in the original ULEZ!

I bought a complete DMF and clutch kit for our Diesel Golf back in 2020 when it had about 115k on the clock and was feeling a bit juddering and slippy. Paid £250.02 for it, trade. Since then it’s got better so it’s still in its box waiting to be fitted. Was going to sell the kit if I had to get rid of the car under ULEZ but found a way round it. Best thing is, I can now take it to my workshop in the original ULEZ!
Did you register for p.i.p.?
What's the way round the ulez you found?

Sponsored Links
Back