Brown goo on dishes inside dishwasher after wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently my dishwasher (Bosch) has started leaving random deposits of a brown, sticky goo on certain items in the dishwasher. The dishwasher is about 5 years old and still works a treat...no issues at all. Then about 2 weeks ago this started happening.
PXL_20240311_172808841.MP.jpg

It doesn't appear every time but when it does it always seems like it's dripped onto the items...though there are no obvious signs of the goo anywhere else inside the dishwasher.

The goo itself is quite sticky and doesn't just swill off...you have to go at it with v hot water and detergent.

Could it be some kind of grease build up within the dishwasher that is getting sprayed out with the water? Any ideas how to stop it happening? Would dishwasher cleaner likely get rid of it?

Sponsored Links
Possibly.
Try dishwasher cleaner and see.
Have you stripped down the filters and cleaned it out?

Yep the filters seem to be pretty clean.

I'll try the cleaner, see how it goes....

have a look in the spray arms. there might be an accumulation of grill pan grease or similar dripping out.

do you pour away fat (not down the sink), and wipe off with kitchen roll before washing?

Sponsored Links
I did wonder about the spray arms as it always looks like the goo has dripped down into stuff from above...but I couldn't see anything in them.

Yes, always get rid of fat before putting stuff in

Build up of grime and grease around internal front frame , pour kettle of boiling water along front edge inside from height and see what it flushes out.Heat of drying cycle melts grease allowing it to drop onto clean plates .

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back