bs 5440 pt1

No Idea which year we talking, what is the make and model of the boiler

Sponsored Links
Here's a suggestion.

Buy them yourself and have a look. If you can't work out that simple principle of manufacturers instructions supersede a British standard I give up.

http://shop.bsigroup.com/

No Idea which year we talking, what is the make and model of the boiler

At the moment makers details are irrelevant. All I'm interested in is if the standards mention heat shields for fan flued room sealed boilers specifically. The latest BS would be good.

Natural draught are mentioned specifically but not FF?

Sponsored Links
How many times..... 5440:1 2008 states

"Only an appliance specifically designed for a room-sealed chimney configuration (includes appliances previously called balanced flue) applications shall be used for that purpose and it shall be installed in accordance with the appliance manufacturer’s instructions"

"Terminals shall be installed in accordance with the appliance manufacturer’s instructions"

"Temperature effects
The room-sealed chimney configuration shall be placed or shielded so as to reduce the risk of ignition or damage to any part of the building.
When installing a chimney configuration through a wall of combustible construction, or containing combustible materials, any installation requirements specified by the appliance manufacturer for that type of installation shall be followed."

I sense a theme.....

Every boiler can have specific requirements, of course it's relevant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back