bs3871

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me the disconnection time for this fuse 6amp bs3871 and where did they get the info from? Can this be found on the net?

Sponsored Links
I have a link to a fantastic chart, but this forum will not let me display the link.

You are looking for 6.4 ohm corrected to a rule of thumb of 80% This assumes you are talking about a B type breaker. Other types would be : C, 3.2 : D, 1.6 : T1, 8 : T2, 4.56.

yes it would be a type b or 2. It is for the purpose of placing it on a domestic cert and is not in the reg book, nor nic database or MK (manufacturer)

Sponsored Links
neil2jo said:
can anyone tell me the disconnection time for this fuse 6amp bs3871 and where did they get the info from? Can this be found on the net?

as a prat P registered electrician, you should know that it is measured in ohms, not time

No - disconnection time is measured in seconds.

Or possibly minutes, but this would be a Bad Thing™....

MOD

nice one B A S ;)

correct as you all are. my appologies I am after the ohms or Zs for the said mcd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back