BT Homesafe Wireless Burglar Alarm System.

Sponsored Links
It is in the testing during manufacture that JTAG is appropriate and has little if any application in field ( on site ) testing of installed equipment.

It is in the testing during manufacture that JTAG is appropriate and has little if any application in field ( on site ) testing of installed equipment.

oh right, thanks.

Thia alarm seems to be very popular on ebay at the moment - but I just don't understand why though - I cant seem to be able to change any settings

Sponsored Links

oh right, thanks.

Thia alarm seems to be very popular on ebay at the moment - but I just don't understand why though - I cant seem to be able to change any settings

I had a rudimentary search on the well-known Internet auction site last night but I could only find components and not a panel. I didn't look very hard though.

I assume that BT have altered the firmware to able only BT/Intamac to update the system.

However the same alarm in its original form (climax ctc-1200) do not have this restrict and everything can be controlled via the alarm panels ip address.

Does anyone know how to strip the firmware back to the factory settings?

I assume that BT have altered the firmware to able only BT/Intamac to update the system.

Assume nothing.

Does anyone know how to strip the firmware back to the factory settings?

I think you just found another in-field application for a JTAG :)

Ive seen the same system with Climax ctc-1200 guides and the programming is done by the user - however under the BT branded system the settings are blocked and they make you go to Intamacs site

...................... This alarm seems to be very popular on ebay at the moment - but I just don't understand why though .........................
Everyone wants to get rid of it because of problems like are mentioned here.

Can't change the code, bin it.

This will save a lot of time and frustration before you do go out for a new and SUPPORTED system.

yea - but the ebay seller I managed to get it off is convinced that their are no problems with the alarm and that its me that's doing it wrong - he is refusing a refund and wants to charge me for sending it back to him so that he can set it up for me!! - its s frustrating I have to wait a month for ebay to get invloved

Not seen these before.

Can anyone pop the back cover off the main panel and take some pictures of the PCB?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back