bubbling plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if you skim over bonding that is not totally dry, will the plaster bubble. I've heard conflicting opinions.

i've got to plaster a window reveal and I will not have very long to do it, so can I get away with doing it quickly when the bonding has just about dried or am I better off making 2 visits and giving it time to dry properly.

Its for a friend who owes me a bit of money but I sort of owe him a few favours so I'm not mad about having to drive over to do the job twice (couple of hours drive, small job) but I don't wont to make a mess.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
When you mix your bonding add a trowell of cement or better still some hydrated lime, you may get a peck of lime from a bust bag at the merchants if you are visiting, this will give you a faster set, when its hard enough to plaster over then fire away..... if you leave bonding to dry out more than a day its a bitch to skim, may bleb (blister) but probably wont, it just happens sometimes but as you polish up the skim they will go, be sparing with the splash brush this will help.

Cheers mate

I'll be spending sunday morning on it so, hopefully it will go on without any problems.

dombe said:
if you skim over bonding that is not totally dry, will the plaster bubble. I've heard conflicting opinions.

i've got to plaster a window reveal and I will not have very long to do it, so can I get away with doing it quickly when the bonding has just about dried or am I better off making 2 visits and giving it time to dry properly.

Its for a friend who owes me a bit of money but I sort of owe him a few favours so I'm not mad about having to drive over to do the job twice (couple of hours drive, small job) but I don't wont to make a mess.

Thanks!!

i here some funny things on this computer you do not mix eyne cement with plaster as i herd from the last comment he should read the J B taylor book on plastering concerning mixing cement and plaster

plaster nvq2

Sponsored Links
i here some funny things on this computer you do not mix eyne cement with plaster as i herd from the last comment he should read the J B taylor book on plastering concerning mixing cement and plaster

ive used cement in bonding, finish and casting plaster with never any probs over the last 30yrs.its just like using alum just makes the set quicker

its ok writing and reading about stuff,but in the real world thats another story!

i've over 15 years in and never had a problem with adding a touch of cement to bonding.

dj.

adding a bit of opc to bonding is standard practice when you need to top coat immediately. Goes off like granite!

NVQ2 doesn't have to earn a living does it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back