Builders Booboo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(

I have a problem, I had a extension done last month and the builder turned out to the most bogus one ever found on the face this earth.

The roof structure and the roof tiles have been laid. The guttering on the extention side has gone over my neighbours property and he is complaining. The roof end tiles have been cut and not only that the water from the roof is missing the gutter and going onto the neighbours flat roof.

Please any solutions!

ASh

Sponsored Links
Tell your neighbour to shut up. It's not uncommon for guttering to overhang a neighbour's property. You have to build the extension in line with the original building, which in terrace type houses means the guttering is over the neighbours plot.

joe-90 said:
Tell your neighbour to shut up. It's not uncommon for guttering to overhang a neighbour's property. You have to build the extension in line with the original building, which in terrace type houses means the guttering is over the neighbours plot.

Bit strong there joe, what would you do if you were the neighbour?

You have no right to breach that line between the properties with anything other than a growth from a plant. Is the builder still employed? Have you paid him? Photos would help.

Sponsored Links
it may not be uncommon but its not correct, and if the neighbour complains you need to remedy it. He would be entitled to remove it and hand it back to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back