Building a bookshelf.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a book shelf and need a clamp, similar to a corner clamp, but in a Tee shape. I saw one recently, which you slide along the upright and can then slot the shelf into the T leg section to hold it at right angles.
Trouble is, I can't remember what they were called or where I saw them.
Can anyone help please. Just to make you aware it will be a triangular shaped bookshelf with one side vertical and the other sloping at approximately 42º

Sponsored Links
Peter Millard sells them on his his you tube channel. So does Alastair Johnson, Freebird. Probably cheaper to build yourself.

Wife was eager to start building so we made a 'work-around'.
On the 45º end we have to put a shelf support in as a book stop. So, we simply cut 2 'supports and put one below where the shelf needs to be, marked off the lower edge of the shelf position, held a cut off piece of shelf on the support and marked off the top position of the shelf. This gave us the position of where to drill for the screw holes. Works a treat and saved a few quid. :)

I have to thank you because the like button doesnt appear anymore on the iPad

Sponsored Links
I have to thank you because the like button doesnt appear anymore on the iPad
Eh? It does on mine.

IMG_5976.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back