Building a garage on a slope - How??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're planning a 6 metre by 7 metre wooden garage at the top of our garden but the ground slopes towards the house. There's a 80 cm fall over the 7 metres area. Do we dig down 80cm to make it level and then build a retaining wall at the high end? Any advice would be greatl appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
I have absolutely no experience of building garages myself, but my garage is on a slope, and that's how it's built.

yes you will have to dig down at the high end. not a problem with a decent digger and grading bucket.

you will have to remove a fair bit of earth to accommodate the concrete raft plus hard core base.

the important thing is, as far as levels are concerned, is to make sure the floor slab is only slightly higher than external ground level. you don't want to be driving out onto a 12" drop!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back