Garage Build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks newbie here.I'm just looking for some help/advice on a new DIY garage build i'm currently on with.I've had a few quotes off local builders for the job but I thought they were all a little excessive so i'm going down the DIY route.

I 've recently knocked down my old garage and am in the process of breaking up the old base and foundations.

I'm planning on building the new detached garage 7 metres long x 4 metres wide.I think I have most things in hand its just the foundations I could use a bit of help with.I've got a local guy with mini digger to come and dig the trench its just the width and depth i'm unsure of ? I was thinking 600mm deep x 500mm wide,is that sufficient ? Also how far below groung level should the top of the founds be ? Do I want a few course of brickwork below ground level ?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated,thanks

Sponsored Links
Research this subject on here - there's masses of info on foundations and garages.
google pics of the same.

FWIW: if you have the time and inclination, then hand digging your foundations is a days work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back