building a stonewall/firplace outside. will i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
42 yr old man with experience with block/brick work but I've been sat in an office this last 10years because of a career change. I'm out on the sick at the min with depression and going to build a stone wall with stone fireplace outside. I've already got the stone here left over from my house build and thought I'd use it up. I've a few questions I'd have concerning materials etc...

The wall is 10mx1.3m and I'll be floating one side with sand and cement and stone on one end. It will be getting a block wall built and faced on one side with the stone. I'm wanting to know how much sand/cement I'll need for the job to build the block,float one side with scratch coat underneath and for the stone.

I'll be also building a stone fireplace into the wall and bringing the chimney up about 2meters. I'm maybe thinking to hire in labour for the fireplace and wondering what would be the going rate for a stone built one. I know prices can differ from one part of the country to another but can someone give me a rough guess for one. The going rate for 1meter sq is £60-£80 if this is anything to go by.

Your help would be greatly appreciated[/u][/quote]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back