building extension plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i am a bricklayer on site so dont have anything to do with plans, but a friend has asked me to build him a smalll extension. it is not big enough to have plans but i need to submit building notice.I have to fill in a form and a block plan on the block plan it says i have to show provision for drainage it is going to join the the existing drainpipes but how do i show this on the plan
many thanks
chris

Sponsored Links
The detail of drainage runs is shown by a broken dotted line on plans so you will need to determine the present runs and note the intended runs where by you intend to pick up the existing. Note that b.c. will not allow top water (roof) to enter the main drains and if the original sewar pipe is 4" clay or earthenware then you will need to saddle theese runs if it is roddable or create a manhole if it requires a change of direction. If the sewer pipe is modern plastic type an A.J. would be far easier than building a manhole.

On plans are drainpipes marked as rwp and does it stand for rain water pipe and would the council have any objections to me connecting the new proposed extensions guttering into the ones on the existing house or would they prefer a soakawy.

I'm waiting for my plans to be passed on a detached garage, The guy thats drawn my plans has done the gutter drain water to a soak away. When I spoke to the builder he said he may prefer to take it to a drain. When i was enquiring about Building Regs I asked the Building Regs guy if it was OK to take the drain water to a drain rather than the soak away with out changing plans and getting permission etc again. He said that will be fine. That was Liverpool council and all council have different views, so worth asking first.

Sponsored Links
Well i am currently have building control on inspecting my work on an old exstension which i knocked down ( it was unsafe) and as it is an old terreaced house there is no soakaway and so the roof guttering will be just going into that standard sewer drain and he has passed it so it must really be down to the situation i would think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back