Building permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a down stairs toilet fitted by converting the pantry area some time ago. I have a written guarantee for the work carried out. This included laying a soil pipe under the kitchen floor.

However, I am now having the kitchen fitted out (Cupboards replaced and decorated) by a new builder. This builders has tod me that even though the toilet works fine the work carried out looks correct, he has told me I need to have planinning permission and get this approved by a building inspector.

Can you advise, what I do next

Sponsored Links

Yes ... sack the builder or just tell him to concentrate on what he is there to do

You would not need planning permission for that work, and as it has been done a while with no problems then you wont need to involve building control either

Have you asked your builder if he is conforming to the regulations applicable to his work?

Yes ... sack the builder or just tell him to concentrate on what he is there to do

You would not need planning permission for that work, and as it has been done a while with no problems then you wont need to involve building control either

Have you asked your builder if he is conforming to the regulations applicable to his work?

Thanks Woody, but will I have any problems when selling.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back