building with metal frame partitions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
looking to build a room within a barn, 5.2m x 13m. 1 wall will be current block side of barn. 3.6m heigh, with suspended ceiling at about 3.2m.

I need to brace the 13m wall that is opposite the 13m block wall and provide support for the suspended ceiling. the walls are easy, it is the bracing for the 13m metal frame wall and ceiling suspension that I don't seem to be able to find any info on, this is at the design stage so open to any manufacturer who has a system that will work.

Anyone got any experience with this or knows of a company that provides such items? spoken to BG but they did not have a product for the bracing/ceiling suspension.

Thanks
Vince

Attachments

• home farm.png
    home farm.png
    868.6 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Im not sure what you by bracing -it looks like you need a wall plate and some 5.2m ceiling rafters......

so just put some lengths of wood across or do you mean a full apex roof type structiure? what depth would you suggest for a 5.2m span and at what spacing to support a suspended ceiling? would the 13m metal frame wall need beefing up to support the load or should a standard 70mm C section be ok?

just don't want to go down a route to find i get stuck or over loading the frame

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Id be guessing at 8 x 2 at 400mm centres -although thats for a span upto around 4metres according to tables, although a bit of sag maybe isnt a problem with a suspended ceiling - I wouldve thought you could adjust to get a flat ceiling.

Thats a guesstimate -hopefully somebody with more experience will be along to advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back