Built in oven doesn't fit, HELP!

Fitted a kitchen earlier this year and the hob required a flexi. The way the 1/2" connector came out from it on an angle and was completely rigid without any other fittings would back this up. My gas safe man came to connect it, didn't believe me about the flexi (which is fair enough) then when he arrived and seen for himself he phoned gas safe and then went and got a flexi!

Sponsored Links
Recently refitted the kitchen and as there are pipes running all the way round the room (the waste pipe and pipes for the central heating), when we slot in the new built in oven it protrudes a couple of cms. This is without leaving gap for ventilation. The manual states 35mm for ventilation, meaning the oven will stick out a 40-50mm? Any ideas on how to solve this.

Also we have a rubber gas pipe at the back of the oven to connect the hob to the gas feed. Will this be dangerous when the oven heats?

Thanks

Julie you need to have a registered gas safe plumber, replace the rubber gas pipe which i presume feeds the hob with a copper pipe asap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back