• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
I have a business idea to offer

carpet cleaning
painting & decorating
gardening

good or bad idea?
I would try and add more service specially poor weather in winter, eg: window cleaning, rubbish clearing, van and delivery local service? gutters cleaning? general repairing (don't know what you can do) I think people would rather go to one man band for doing most things which is easier for them just for 1 phone call?

It's a good idea but that doesn't mean you will be successful at it, people are tightening their belts now, they will cut their own grass, clean their own carpets etc to save their money.

You have missed the boat by a few years mate, good on you for not taking the automatic decision to join the dole queue tho ;)

I had a leaflet through the door a few weeks back from a bloke called Thomas Wronski, advertising these services. I bet he's cheaper than you. :cool: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
that's what I thought poeple would much rather do this themselves, oh well back to the drawing board, anyway it's not as though it would ever become a 9-5, and at least my mind is still active.

thank's folks.

Yes, didn't you know, he's got a dozen qualifications in gardening but only cuts the grass when it's dark :rolleyes:

no, cutting the grass in the evening is better, as it gives the grass time to heal and rest in the evening, as opposed to the day where the freshly cut grass dries up leaving you with a brownsih lawn.

give it a go youve got nothing to lose, but dont come out with crap like that in front of customers

A friend of mine does all of these plus a few more. Left business cards (odd job man) in local clubs about 3 to 4 years ago and became so reliable that a couple of local landlords employ him on a very regular basis tidying and repairing flats and houses (including gardens), before re-let. If you're good at what you do, you'll get the work. If not, you'll get the push!

that's what I thought poeple would much rather do this themselves, oh well back to the drawing board, anyway it's not as though it would ever become a 9-5, and at least my mind is still active.

thank's folks.

Hows the heart? Still beating I assume?

after getting a rejection from tesco for shelf stacking, I am not even bothering with macdonald's, thell probably want a masters in flipping burger's :cry:

A friend of mine does all of these plus a few more. Left business cards (odd job man) in local clubs about 3 to 4 years ago and became so reliable that a couple of local landlords employ him on a very regular basis tidying and repairing flats and houses (including gardens), before re-let. If you're good at what you do, you'll get the work. If not, you'll get the push!

Good for him, btw, did he just use a business card with odd job man written on it?

Good for him, btw, did he just use a business card with odd job man written on it?
Not quite sure how much use that would be, they tend to have a bit more information on them :eek:

after getting a rejection from tesco for shelf stacking, I am not even bothering with macdonald's, thell probably want a masters in flipping burger's :cry:
Oh you're being too modest! I'm sure you have just such a Masters tucked away somewhere in your little box of tricks :LOL:

I had a leaflet through the door a few weeks back from a bloke called Thomas Wronski, advertising these services. I bet he's cheaper than you. :cool: :LOL:

Yeah but would you give him a call?

Sponsored Links
Back