Buying Carpet advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am carpeting my terrace house soon, so the guy from the local carpet warehouse is coming round to measure.

Do you have any advice on type, price etc?

Someone told me good underlay is worth it, as it gives a better feel than cheap underlay...

All advice welcome cheers

Sponsored Links
I shall soon be carpeting my whole house. I plan to buy my own underlay (the very best possible) and my own grippers.

I plan to get this underlay (the red one at the bottom):

http://www.tradepriced.co.uk/tredaire_carpet_underlay.html

It comes to £5.56 per meter, the best underlay from carpet-right is £9.99 and is no where near as good as that one. The only problem I anticipate is will the doors open, if not I shall shave them down a bit.

Oh, and watch the video's on that website and you'll understand how carpet is laid - although I won't be laying my own, just the underlay and grippers (probably let the expert do the stairs tho).

like the saying goes you "get what you pay for" get the best if you can afford it makes your carpets last longer as well, also do you have central heating? you dont want rubber underlay up stairs the heat rots it, when we had new carpets fitted upstairs i had them fit underlay that is made from recycled carpets just as good but does not rot and feels great under foot hth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back