Buying on the web

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a hand 240 volt compactor tool (Wacker)
They sent me a 110 volt instead i have sent them emails ,but have received no responce.
Was not in at the time it was left at my back door
I think it is up to the company to .exchange,collect or refund.
Any advice would be helpfull
Thank You

Sponsored Links
Who was the seller?

It sounds like you were sent an item 'not as described'. There are laws for your protection in this respect.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, they will provide all the help you need. I know this from experience, having dealt with a 'fly by night' company who ignored all my communications. It took a few months, but my credit card company refunded me and pursued the seller for recompense.

I would claim your money back from your credit card and let them sort it out. I had a similar thing over Christmas. Ordered some stuff for guaranteed delivery. It turned up in the middle of January. The credit card lot didn't mess around - they just immediately took their money back from the company. They were soon on the phone wanting their stuff back. I told them it was in the shed and they could collect it any time. They haven't yet - nearly three months later.

It's worth emphasising that it is sensible to always pay for stuff online with a credit card. Might cost you a tad but the protection you get is worth it.

Hang on guys, is this after 3 hours of waiting or 3 weeks? They've not got a phone number presumably?

Sponsored Links
It's worth emphasising that it is sensible to always pay for stuff online with a credit card. Might cost you a tad but the protection you get is worth it.

It shouldn't cost you any more? Unless you mean the retailer making a charge for using a CC - but i'm not aware of very many online retailers that do that? I use a CC to pay for just about everything, pay it off in full each month and with a cashback card I earn a bit by doing that, and of course, the money stays in my bank account for a while longer so I earn an extra few pence in interest too. And of course..benefit from the protection you mention.

Re. the OT - As FMT says, you ought to give them a reasonable chance (assuming you haven't already) to resolve it before you start complaining and taking action to get your money back.

It don't need to be a credit card.
Use a Visa debit card and you are entitled to do a charge back.

It don't need to be a credit card.
Use a Visa debit card and you are entitled to do a charge back.

That only works if there is money in the merchant's account. If you use a credit card (>£100) the credit card company is on the hook as much as the merchant.

If you purchased in the UK you are covered by the distance selling regulations part of the consumer protection act assuming you have purchased from a reputable company. Theses regs give the CONSUMER seven working days to examine the goods.

They do not apply to business to business transactions.

Who was the seller?
Local Tool Sales of Blackburn
I will give them three more days to respond,then i will Inform my credit card Company.

Sounds like you were sent an item 'not as described'. There are laws for your protection in this respect.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, they will provide all the help you need. I know this from experience, having dealt with a 'fly by night' company who ignored all my communications. It took a few months, but my credit card company refunded me and pursued the seller for recompense.

Who was the seller?
It sounds like you were sent an item 'not as described'. There are laws for your protection in this respect.

I rang my bank for advice only(N.P.B.Soc,.)sorry i can not name the bank, they did not want to know.

Who was the seller?

I rang my bank for advice only(N.P.B.Soc,.)sorry i can not name the bank, they did not want to know.

Yes, but did you pay by credit card?

Who was the seller?

Yes!!

Who was the seller?

Yes!!

Then the credit card company are jointly liable if the product was not as described. If they are the 'bank' to which you refer and who 'do not want to know', I'd first make a formal written complaint to the credit card company and, if that doesn't work, approach the appropriate ombudsman or obtain legal advice.

Sponsored Links
Back