Buying Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of having the bathroom refurbished. Most of the appliances and bits are ordered, but I am still stuck on taps. My budget is starting to get very stretched, and I am trying to get some style still without breaking the bank. The sort I am looking for is this (pin tap lever style) ; http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1524-15405 . My bathroom is gravity fed.

The web is full of reasonably priced taps, but of course I cannot see or feel them for quality. Has anyone bought taps online or can reccommend anyone?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Vist plumbers merchants show rooms or bathroom showrooms and compare prices. If you see a range you really like, look for this on the internet. You will get better service if you buy local though (if any faults etc)

watch out for foreign/eurpean c***. Lots of these will only work properly on pressurised systems or combis. Always check first and get assurances, assuming salesman even knows :rolleyes:

As above, you can get those style taps by various manufacturers, although the set you linked to seem reasonably priced. A set from say Bristan, or Rhoper RHodes in same style would be more.

My local plumbers merchant sells a lot of lecico stuff, and they have some taps same style as that, don't know prices off top of my head but something I enquired for was very reasonably priced.

Sponsored Links
Some very classy Italian taps my dear sister brought and had fitted in bath and basin looked fantastic, but the flow was pathetic. She ended up having to put in a pump. The noise from the pump destroyed all enjoyment. :rolleyes:

Just be aware that not all continental taps flow in quite the same way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back