Buzzing Noise From Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Just yesterday the hot water boiler in my bedroom (long story) has started making a kind of buzzing noise. Because it has a pilot light, I understand that the fan in the boiler is meant to run 24/7. However, the noise only happens when the boiler is running the central heating, so I'm assuming it's not the fan that's to blame. The noise seems to be around for about 90% of the time the boiler is running. It kind of fades away for a few seconds, and then slowly comes back.

The boiler is a Glowworm Hot Water Express 80 Combi Boiler.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is causing this? Obviously I'm not going to try and fix it myself, but I would like to understand what has gone wrong so the landlord can't fob me off. Getting it fixed is definately a priority though because it's driving me mad

Kind Regards,

Matt

Sponsored Links
If it only happens when the flame modulates down then its usually because the smoothing circuit on the PCB is failing and the modulating signal to the gas valve is unsmoothed. New PCB time.

You should be able to identify the source of the noise within the boiler.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back