Bye Bye Isar

With Warmfront/Ideal involved it is about 90% certain they will get another Isar :eek: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
OK.

We have a temporary resurrection. The power filter was nicely blown and with a careful drying of the rest of the electricals it is working.

The DHW thermistor seems to be playing up or the PCB is or the connection. I'll have the thermistor into a pan of water with the meter on it and a thermometer in the water to see.

The hot water isn't as warm as it was and the pressure release valve is clicked back into place. Everything seems to be flowing OK fingers crossed.

There are still very slight drips coming from just about every joint in the bottom half of the thing but the plumber says that it doesn't seem to be dangerous. He condemned it but allowed for the temporary work to let it run until we can get in a surveyor and get warm front in on the act to get things sorted.

All of the electrics are now surrounded with a water shielding layer of heavy duty plastic, polythene and insulting tape. The drips are being diverted off into a jug which has only a tiny dribble in the bottom after several hours running to warm the house back up.

No gas problems says Mr. Corgi and the rest is safe enough for a few weeks.

That takes the pressure off as it were and the whole lot only cost £40 in his time and the £10 for the part.

If warm front want to install another ISAR I'll see what I can do (barring healing a lot faster and getting back into work) to scrounge up enough to not have to use them if I can but it'll be hard to turn down 90% off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back