C.H. Boiler not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Can anyone help?
Ihave a Baxi WM38/3RS boiler. The pilot light is lit but the boiler wont fire up when I switch the heating on. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Check the power is getting to the boiler from the programmer and any stats.

Have you got gravity primaries or fully pump with Motorised valves.

Most likely problem is the Thermastat if you have power to the boiler.

To test you can link out the 2 brown wire at the stat, do not leave linked as the stat will not work and the boiler will overheat

Honeywell gas valve could be gone but unlikely, have you set the pilot to burner mode.

Afterthought.

Them things had an overheat device connected to the gas valve, can't remember if they were re-setable though, again it could be link out for testing only.

:D Thanks for taking time to answer my problem. Hopefully the situation has been resolved. Apparently, when I relit the pilot light the button that delivers the gas was not fully retracted so no gas was being passed to the main burner. Anyway, everything seems to be working fine now, fingers crossed. Thanks again for your advice.

Sponsored Links
HI GUYS

I have the exact same boiler with the exact same problem

i have replaced the programmer and the thermo coupler.

i have also bypassed the thermostat but to no avail

any help would be very very grateful

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back