cable route for 6mm cooker radial circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My kitchen is the only room in my house with a concrete floor, the current ring main cables enter the room from below the floorboards in the bathroom via a large hole at the bottom of the kitchen wall.

The current plan is to run the 6mm cable via the same hole, but the cooker will be located on an adjacent wall, therefore, I would appreciate any advice on the best way to run the cable around the room to the CCU to comply with 'best practise' in the 17th edition regs.

The wall area from hole to cooker will contain kitchen base units, so my first thought was to surface clip the cable horizontally on the the wall 6" from the floor all the the way around until it will be run vertically buried in the wall to the CCU and then buried again to the terminal outlet box. (I don't like this route method, but it is ok or has anyone else got a better solution?)

I am aware of part p and the involvement of local council.

regards

olneys :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the best option. By surface clipping you don't have to worry about safe zones,a s long as when you bury it in the plaster you're vertical or horizontal to the CCU. Depending on else is happening you might consider trunking the 6mm instead of clipping, give it some additional mechanical protection.

PJ

Sponsored Links
Depending on the kitchen unit supplier, a little bit lower would be required to be below the cabinet bottoms. Best to examine the proposed kitchen units first.

more so if it is an ikea kitchen as there is no service void behind the base units, if this is the case be aware that any other services will need to end up in the gap between the floor and the bottom of the base units.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back