Cable sizing query - LV lights

I say again, it were in a signature, I never expressed anything,
So when your signature said "Ban Part P", you were expressing nothing at all?

yet as usual, you get anally rententive and shove your crap down everyones throats.
There you go again.

You were the one claiming things which were untrue, and yet when I point out that you were wrong I'm shoving crap down people's throats?

You really do need to wake up and smell the coffee - you were wrong, everyone knows you were wrong, and trying to deal with corrections by calling them tripe and crap just makes you look an even bigger idiot.

Everyone knows about notification apart from you.
Actually I do know about notification, and so do an awful lot of people.

You though are not in that group, because you think that to comply with Part P you have to notify.

Sponsored Links
You haven't finished compliance without notification, anyone knows that. Go ahead without notification where aplicable and see what happens.

You haven't even provided in your arugment what notification is, which other rule or regulation it is. Which regulation its scheduled into if it's not regulation Part P.

Stop dragging up peoples signatures and digging into them, you really must be alone in this life to trawl through a forum, disrupting it and picking spots in everyone.

There you go again, and there you go on ignore. Imbecile.

FFS, you two clearly aren't going to agree - so time to give it a break ?

Yes, BAS is anally retentive and darned annoying at times, but IMO he is correct.

SF, your sig says Ban Part P - whether you agree or not, each post you make includes that statement. As BAS pointed out, the only thing in Part P is a requirement to design and install a safe installation - something you have failed to come up with an argument against.

The bit you need is Schedule 4. In there it specifies what work is not notifiable. However, no I can't point out where it does say that everything is notifiable if not covered by Schedule 4.

BTW - in the 2005 regs, it was Sch 2.

From the position you are arguing, I think you need to change your sig to "Ban notification" - something you'd probably find some sympathy with, too much is notifiable and the costs are too high.

You haven't finished compliance without notification, anyone knows that.
You've finished complying with Part P - everyone knows that except you.

Go ahead without notification where aplicable and see what happens.
Nothing, seems to be the norm.

You haven't even provided in your arugment what notification is, which other rule or regulation it is. Which regulation its scheduled into if it's not regulation Part P.
It's Part 3, of course, Regulations 12, 13 & 14. Surely you've not been so daft as to argue about what the Building Regulations do or do not say when you don't know about them?

And how on earth can you still be saying things like "Which regulation its scheduled into if it's not regulation Part P"?

FGS use your eyes and read.

This is Part P:

It is Part P in its entirety - I've not edited it, I've not truncated it, I've not falsified it, it is the whole thing, it is genuine. I've shown it to you several times.

WHERE DOES IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT NOTIFICATION?

Stop dragging up peoples signatures and digging into them, you really must be alone in this life to trawl through a forum, disrupting it and picking spots in everyone.
You are the one causing disruption by attacking me because I told you that you are wrong.

Well, maybe you have put me on ignore, and maybe you have not, but whichever I don't think it's me that has made himself look like an imbecile.

If you have put me on ignore it will be a relief to be able to advise other people to take no notice of the stupid things you say without having you join in.

Sponsored Links
Well, maybe you have put me on ignore, and maybe you have not
Not, it would seem.

Well. I have you on ignore, but you do intrigue me, so I've been peeking at your posts.

I find you fascinating, the level and depths that you go to, on a DIY forum is quite astounding. You must have masses of time on your hands and nothing else to spend your efforts on and none of that is meant in a bad way at all - just an observation.

I note that you did have me on ignore and are also peeking at me now ;)

I note that you did have me on ignore
Never have had - dunno what gives you that idea.

But then I don't know what gives you any of your strange ideas.

Because, when I tried to view your profile, the forum said that I can't as you have me on ignore - so, that's what gave me that 'idea'.

So, you say 'any of your strange ideas', care to elaborate?

I were rather hoping to find a photo of yourself sat at a desk, with reems and reems of quotes, cups of coffee to keep you going and some matchsticks to keep your eyes open, ahead of a nights full of over quoting posts that are too long for people to keep interest in reading.

I find you fascinating, the level and depths that you go to, on a DIY forum is quite astounding. You must have masses of time on your hands and nothing else to spend your efforts on and none of that is meant in a bad way at all - just an observation.
You are not alone in that observation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back