cabling an electric shower

do you mean "If you assume a supply voltage of 230 then you have to adjust the ratings of the appliances for 230V, not 240V
If you cannot find a manufacturers rating at 230V buried in the specs then you would have to calculate your own adjusted figure.

Sponsored Links
Just in response to an earlier post about notifying building control. I'm wondering, do any DIYer's ever actually bother notifying building control? Most jobs DIYer's attempt are pretty simple anyway, which means they don't want to fork out for an electrician to come and botch it up as they usually do in my experience, and don't want to pay the £300 most building controls charge to come and certify the work. Part P is fundamentally flawed, and people will continue to do jobs without notifying until the day they send the electric police round to everyone's houses to check up on their wiring. At which time, we've all died from global warming and turned into vegetables anyways :)

Goldberg, did you purposely miss my reply on page 2?

I'd love to know what you were getting at :confused:

Sponsored Links
do any DIYer's ever actually bother notifying building control?
Probably not. We can tell people of what their legal obligations are - what they do with that information is their business.

Most jobs DIYer's attempt are pretty simple anyway
Many jobs are simple, IF you know what you are doing, and have the correct tools and equipment to do the job.
Most DIY people do not - look at the ridiculous mess people get into with 'simple' tasks such as changing lights and light switches every day on this forum, mostly because they dismantle things without the slightest interest in knowing how they work.

Part P is fundamentally flawed
Quite likely, but any system will have flaws. Corgi (now Gassafe) didn't stop dangerous gas work, and they have had the best part of two decades.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back