Call it as You like...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
House with solid walls, built in 1929.

Whenever it rains my walls get wet approx. 1m high. To check it, I bought a damp meter which clearly shows me that I have penetrating damp, rising damp, whatever...

Outside of the house, some of bricks are damaged, some of them are covered with something looks like a salt, and its just eating my bricks :/

Some of the bricks at about 6ft high are more damp than these below. How shall I call it in this occasion? jumping damp? ;)

Anyway... I noticed that DPC injection has been done in the past. About one and half year ago I used "dryzone" but it just does not work!. No effect whatsoever.

Now, when it starts raining more often, paint from walls come off, wallpaper come off.

Even on internal walls, between rooms.

My idea now is to do replastering at 1meter high to the ground floor walls, but before im gonna use Damp proof membrane paint, sharp sand, and the plaster.

Any suggestions more that welcome.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Before doing that you need to find the cause. Have you checked guttering and downpipes to make sure they are not leaking? Have you re-pointed the brickwork to make sure water isnt getting in that way?

Before doing that you need to find the cause. Have you checked guttering and downpipes to make sure they are not leaking? Have you re-pointed the brickwork to make sure water isnt getting in that way?

Guttering and downpipes are allright, with no leaking at all.

Damp gets from the ground., and Im not surprised as all these houses lie straight on the ground, with no foundations.

And im pretty sure about that, because of high level of damp inside of internal walls.

Sponsored Links
You might have a combination of penetrating damp, rising damp, condensation and leaking pipes. With that much damp in the house you need to look at ways to stop all of the causes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back