Calling All plumbers - Easiest Way to lift T&G Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Mr Moderator, I realise that its not strictly a plumbing query, but its one that plumbers must have a lot of experience of.

What's the easiest way and best tool to cut through the tongue on tongue and groove flooring? I don't mind cutting the tongue, I just wondered if anyone had any advice or tips.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I use a circular saw set at just the depth of the thickness of the board, or just a little less... And go carefully

floorboard saw or circular saw set to just under the floorboard thickness usally 18mm or 25mm

Or if your scared of a circular saw use a hammer and bolster prize boards up with a large chisel and cut with a tenon saw... actually leaves less damage on adjcent boars if left on show

Sponsored Links
Use a Plumbers Flooring Saw

Also used for notching joists

p4752933_l.jpg

Have always found sparkies are the worlds worst at lifting boards always cut at edge of joist never in the middle and looks like they have lifted them with a crow bar

does the blade spin, or jiggle?

how much is it?

dressed ready for some hard work

on a pink kitty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back