Camray 3 motor capacitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't replace the boiler unless it' leaking water, that's just an incompent service technician's approach. Check the value of the motor run capacitor. I bet it's less than 3uF, and it should be near 4uF. These boilers are ok, and spares are easily available.

The buzzing is the motor can't start because there's not enough torque from the capacitor.

Hi Oilman

Would you buy any chance have a part number for the capacitor for the Camray 3 and as the boiler is so old are they hard to soure.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Sponsored Links
Original part No was 3005798, and it was called a condenser, still a capacitor though.

Original part No was 3005798, and it was called a condenser, still a capacitor though.

Gremlin16

Thank you for your help, I am hoping its the condenser as the pump/fan tries to spin but cannot, but will with some help.

Thanks again
Simon

It's called a CAPACITOR, it's an electrical component. A CONDENSER is used on steam systems to, er, CONDENSE. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It's called a CAPACITOR, it's an electrical component. A CONDENSER is used on steam systems to,
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Capacitors were also known as condensers.
Modern term is a CAPACITOR

"Condenser" still designates the rotating synchronous machine used to supply leading kvars in a power circuit (a function of which capacitors are also capable), because unlike a capacitor, the synchronous condenser cannot store energy electrostatically; it lacks the property of "capacitance." For the non-rotating device, however, capacitor is the proper term.

Capacitors were also known as condensers.
Modern term is a CAPACITOR

"Condenser" still designates the rotating synchronous machine used to supply leading kvars in a power circuit (a function of which capacitors are also capable), because unlike a capacitor, the synchronous condenser cannot store energy electrostatically; it lacks the property of "capacitance." For the non-rotating device, however, capacitor is the proper term.

When I worked for the CEGB I thought it was known as a synchronous compensator and it was used to remove excess Mvars from the system. It was an effing great motor run up to speed and then left sitting on the system doing its job.

Steam turbines can also be run up to speed, synchronised to the Grid and left in compensating mode.

Replaced the Capacitor and filters and alls fine again. thanks for all your help.

Really got me out of trouble, unable to get an engineer until the 5th

And Sorry for the Hi Jack new to forums

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back