Can’t find my filling loop??

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have an ideal mini s24 and can’t find the filling loop anywhere in the house I’ve checked in and under the boiler, the hot press and the attic but I can’t find it would anybody have any idea where it could be?

Sponsored Links
Where is your pressure gauge and what pressure is it showing ?

Perhaps the flexible hose isn't fitted; show us a picture of the pipes under the boiler

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Filling loop is most likely near the hot water cylinder. Show us some pics of pipework around it.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

These are all the valves that are around the cylinder

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 54
It needs a filling loop kit Ideal Part Number 172708, which is a metal reinforced, flexible pipe. It should be near the boiler, have you looked on top?

I’ve looked on top of the boiler nothing there but the flue and would there be anyway to find it if it’s been plastered over?

I’ve looked on top of the boiler nothing there but the flue and would there be anyway to find it if it’s been plastered over?

Anyone filling it, would need to watch the pressure gauge, which is on the boiler, so they know when to stop - logically, it should be very close to the boiler.

That is, unless there is a second pressure gauge, located remotely from the boiler, in which case look there for a fill loop.

No second pressure gauge anywhere else in the house really can’t wrap my head around it where it could be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back