Can’t find my filling loop??

As a filling loop would be connected between mains cold water pipe ,and a central heating pipe ,it has to be somewhere near to where both of the above are.
Is the boiler in or near a kitchen ? Have seen filling loops under kitchen sinks ,amongst other places !!

Sponsored Links
As a filling loop would be connected between mains cold water pipe ,and a central heating pipe ,it has to be somewhere near to where both of the above are.
Is the boiler in or near a kitchen ? Have seen filling loops under kitchen sinks ,amongst other places !!

Does the OP, know what one looks like? Usually a woven silver (stainless steel), mesh covered short bit of pipe, with a valve at each end.

My mum has a filling loop and a separate pressure gauge under her sink. The boiler is on the other side of the kitchen in a cupboard.

Sponsored Links
He hasn't got cold water mains at the boiler.
Yeah I have cold water mains near it for my washing machine but how do I connect that to my boiler to re pressurise it? There’s nowhere along the pipes to connect anything onto

Well, you could always bodge a temporary hose connection from washing machine cock or outside tap to a heating draincock, but I reckon you've got a loop somewhere.

Places I've found them include behind appliances, behind chests of drawers, low down in obscure corners of kitchen units, even partly boxed in.

Never yet found one below a kitchen unit in the kick-space but you never know!

Never yet found one below a kitchen unit in the kick-space but you never know!
I have, sort of, it was in a gap approx 30mm wide next to an end panel and the other part of the loop/valve went more under the kickboard.

I’ve checked the loft just a tank up there with pipes going into it then down into the hot press no gauge or filling loop up there and have checked under all the kicker boards in the kitchen and no joy unfortunately

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back