Can a Durgo be maintained?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The top of my bathroom waste pipe has an air admittance valve (Durgo), but in the past few days the toilet and shower have started 'gurgling' when the bath is emptied. If I give the valve a helping hand with my finger then air gets in and the bath empties fine so I'm guessing that the Durgo is 'sticking'.

Is there anything that can be done to maintain a Durgo?

If not, I think the existing one is solvent welded in place, how can I go about getting the existing one out?

Also, the Durgo is installed less than a foot above floor level but I have read that it should have been installed higher than the sink overspill. Could this make a difference? What could happen if it stays at this height?
Gareth

Sponsored Links
Also, the Durgo is installed less than a foot above floor level but I have read that it should have been installed higher than the sink overspill. Could this make a difference? What could happen if it stays at this height?
Gareth

you might have a wet floor :cry:

durgo.gif

is how it should be ;)

as for it sticking spray sone silicone lube on the pin :idea:

as for it sticking spray sone silicone lube on the pin

Got any tips on how to open it up? I'm not sure if it is screw or pull, and didn't want to break it.
Gareth

Sponsored Links
They shouldn't let water out. After all there are mini versions fitted to every vented waste bath/basin trap, and I don't think I've ever seen one leak.

ChrisR said:
They shouldn't let water out. After all there are mini versions fitted to every vented waste bath/basin trap, and I don't think I've ever seen one leak.

so why do you fit them above flood level then :?:

have smelt loads of them leak :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back