can a plastic breadboard be cut?

What do you mean "goes back to them"?

Have they been charging me for electricity all these years even though they get it back? Is it like a rental?

Absolutely BAS, I think you are starting to understand, my apologies, I should have explained it better to start with.

Yes, it's a lot like water, it flows around and around for most people. They keep getting (and paying for) the same electric day after day, who knows you may be using some electric now that was once used by the Queen or maybe Zoe Wannamaker.

People like me (clever people) just disconnect the neutral and the electric never goes back. Sure the electric company know some of us do it because they don't get all the electric back, so they need to generate a bit more to compensate, but they can't tell who isn't returning it - except by monitoring the bills like I told you. That's why I keep my hair straighteners plugged in normally - you may have to make a different provision if (for example) you are bald and so have no need for hair straighteners. (I've got a full head of hair - my condolences if you don't - I don't mean to offend) You could use any appliance though, but it MUST use more than 38watts or 3amps which ever is greater.

Becuase my electric doesn't go back, the meter doesn't register it and I don't pay! (apart from the sandwich toaster and the straighteners) If you are bald then I hope you like sandwiches because you'll have to eat twice as many to keep your electric usage up - or else they'll know.

Of course the electric companies keep it quiet, they know some clever people like me are doing it, but most people are still in the dark (literally) I keep my lights on all day and night (why not, after all I'm not paying)

My last electricity bill was £3.49, not bad considering I shower for over an hour a day under my 9.5Kw shower, and I straighten my hair every morning.

I won't lie to you BAS, clearly you have a rudamentary understanding of electrics and stuff, but if I sell you my unwanted electric there is a very real danger of it getting out of phase in transit if you try and use it when out of phase it might actually end up costing you due to the wastage caused by the rephasing proces.

If you want to try it (and I suggest you do) then start small maybe just a phone charger - try it if you don't beleive me. Here's how.

Go and look at your meter now, it will be spinning around and around. Now, turn everything off. The meter will stop spinning. Now plug in a phone charger with the neutral disconnected. The meter still will not move. So they won't be billing you - PROOF that you are getting the electric for free. Now try it with your cooker, shower etc... You will save pounds.

Again, sorry I can't sell you or give you any of my spare stuff, but I think you'll be able to figure out how to do it yourself given a bit of though.

keep your eye on ebay too, I'm going to start selling short extension leads on there with the neutral internally disconnected - this will make it much easier for novices to exploit this phenomenon. I'm going to knock them out for £99.99 each - quite reasonable when you consider how much you can save. ££££!

Thanks for your interest.

I wish I had longer to talk, I've almost managed to get free phone calls too, using a similar method and some diodes. I'll tell you about that later.

Sponsored Links
this is a diy forum, i just wonder how many non electric minded people may just try removing neutrals and possibly have accidents? you should really have a warning at the ends of your posts and i'm being serious. ;)

this is a diy forum, i just wonder how many non electric minded people may just try removing neutrals and possibly have accidents? you should really have a warning at the ends of your posts and i'm being serious. ;)

Well, when they post back, I'll just tell them that their appliances must just not be compatable with electricity that hasn't been freshly recycled ;)

Good point Adam,

I should have said that not all appliances work with recycled electric, I'm not sure why, probably something to do with impedances or flux density. Some manufacturers (Panasonic is one of these) have started deliberately making products that won't work with the neutral disconnected, they must be in cahoots with either the electric companies or maybe the CIA.

They ARE watching us, so be careful, I wear a balacalava in the house during daylight hours now, just in case the toaster has a hidden camera.

You won't beleive this, but I recently bought a new video camera, and 'someone' had hidden a camera in it, presumably so the govenrment can keep an eye on us all.

I don't have a tv license either, but the house is wrapped in tin foil, so that takes care of that - plays havoc with the wireless LAN though!!

Sponsored Links
toasty
you related to tesla by any chance?
can i have the go-ahead to post your views on a big alternative forum im
a member of? youre sure to become a sensation on the neg disconection
and the batt-alt theory/fact
incidentally i read some time ago you can use the electricity from phone line
thats free energy got to rent a pile of them though to get kwatts
works out cheaper for you in the long run

Thats rubbish about the telephone lines.

You only need one line if you use a step up transformer to get more electric out of the line.

There is so much money to be saved if you know how.

Toasty - you sure as heck eat a lot of toasted sandwiches: I guess that's why they call you toasty.... ;)

sgazer+ oharaf
my next project is to make a diy 2500v electric chair
im going to track down ban all sheds im sure hes just around the corner from me an ask him over for a coffee
then im going to twiddle with the switch shall i turn it on or not
this guy has given me some gems of help but gives me a real hard time

Is your brother Gok still getting women to take all their clothes off?

rf
so what im saying is right can get free energy but not necc to rent the pile of phones?
just need the step up?

Yeah. I first found out about this when working on a site with no electric, and the BT engineer used one of these transformers to boil his kettle at dinnertime.

I got chatting to him, and all you need is a step up transformer with a rating of AT LEAST 3.3kVa.

I personally use a yellow site transformer connected up in reverse

RF is right, although whilst phone lines are great, ISDN is faster and therefore more potent - I think you can get nearly a 300volts or 10joules from it with the right transformers. I knew a bloke who couldn't get electricity where he lived, so he just had 2 ISDN put in, one for the house and one for the garage, he had 2 electric showers and an electric aga running of that, although the only annoying thing was that when he had an incoming call, the lights would flash a little bit - but he used a capacitor to smooth this out I think.

Keep it to yourself though, this info isn't meant for the general public.

Go careful with transformers mind, the magnetic field is quite strong on the big ones, keep credit cards and pacemakers away from them

WARNING

Most of the information posted in this thread both by the original poster (who is either very gullible or a troll) and by others taking the **** out of him is wrong. Some of it is also potentially dangerous. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY OR CONSIDER IT AS ADVICE.

Phone lines cannot provide anywhere near enough power to run anything bigger than maybe a small light or battery charger.

Disconnecting the neutral will indeed stop the meter turning, this is because it stops any power being delivered (note: in some installations it is possible to get free electricity from between live and earth but this only happens if the meter installer ****ed up and is almost certainly illegal). It will however leave the load live.

To get back to the original post ---

Jikwan, does that home-made 'zapper' of yours put out any net DC? (Hint: it will unless you have one of those capacitors in series with the output.) DC flowing through your body causes electrolysis leading to skin damage. This can happen even if the current is too small to be felt. :eek: :eek: :eek:

As for its effect upon worms and bacteria, well I'm no biologist but it sounds like snake oil to me. There are lots of gullible people out there handing over good money for this kind of junk. If you ask me nicely I'll tell you how you can use an old smoke alarm and a heatsink washer to make gold. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And to answer your original question -- don't do it. As others have said, breadboard is for testing stuff out. For a permanent build you want a PCB or stripboard. At a pinch you could even build your simple circuit using rat's nest wiring and set it in potting compound. Those breadboards aren't cheap. Save it for your next bit of weird science. ;) ;) ;)

[
Phone lines cannot provide anywhere near enough power to run anything bigger than maybe a small light or battery charger.

Speak for yourself. My mate uses an ADSL line to heat his outdoor swimming pool (He does of course need two step up transformers for this)

Plugwash, don't knock it until you've tried it. Remember whenever you make a telephone call in the UK the signal doesn't have to go far, so you'd be forgiven for thinking there isn't much power there. Make an international call though, and it has to go miles - try telling me that won't take some juice, easily enough to heat a few gallons of water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back